[mapserver-users] Differerent output format for GetFeatureInfo - template strategy

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 06:55:49 PDT 2020

If your data is very standardized I can see where this would be helpful. I
think if the layer attribute was interpreted as a regex then that might do
the trick. I’d advocate adding another attribute though to avoid a
regression since layer names commonly contain characters that would be
problematic in a regex. Something like “layerPattern”. With that you could
do:

  [resultset layerPattern=“.”]
  [/resultset]

and it would apply to all layers. Note there is also include support in
templates so you can use a common presentation over and over even if you
had to define a resultset for each layer. So something like:

  [resultset layer=“l1”]
    [include file=“common.html”]
  [/resultset]
  [resultset layer=“l2”]
    [include file=“common.html”]
  [/resultset]

This could be a candidate for 7.6.1 I suppose.

—Steve