[mapserver-users] Mapserver tile edge rendering behaviour

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:08:44 PDT 2020

MapServer uses the center of the pixel but does compensate for models
defined by other specs (e.g. WMS, which defines an extent as outer edge to
outer edge. Straight CGI (mode=map) will adjust the requested extent based
on the image size to ensure that square cells are being used. WMS allows
for non-square cells.

It’s possible you’re seeing the effect because the requested extent and
image size are off just a bit. Would need a little more info to be sure.

When tiling you can set edge buffers to deal with this sort of thing.
Generally you’d choose a value to match your widest symbol. How exactly
you’d deal with this depends on how you’re generating tiles (mapcache,
mode=tile, etc...).

—Steve