[mapserver-users] Characters breaks variable substitution in TEXT parameter

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Mar 28 06:07:32 PDT 2020

Hi Nicol,

I have just tested this locally and the following does work:

   TEXT "[attribute1] - [attribute2] - [attribute3]"

   as well as

   TEXT "[attribute1]-[attribute2]-[attribute3]"

Both produce expected map/label results with shp2img.  I am testing with
MS4W 4.0.3 (MapServer 7.6.0-dev).

You can see my mapfile (I use inline features, so you could even paste
the feature locally to test):
https://ms4w.dev/text-multiple/text-multiple.map

Here is the map output:
https://ms4w.dev/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/ticket-text-multiple/text-multiple.map&layers=all&mode=browse&template=openlayers

Hope I am understanding your question properly.  And good morning from
the east coast of Canada,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna