[mapserver-users] Coordinates shifted for EPSG:28992

Just van den Broecke justb4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:52:54 PDT 2020

Hi all, in particular Even, Jeff,

Confirmed that this (no coordinate shift in MapServer renders for
EPSG:4326 to EPSG:28992) version-combination works on Ubuntu 20.4 with
custom compiles:

- MapServer 7.4.3 and Proj 5.2 and GDAL (I think) 3.0.4 (default on
Ubuntu 20.4) **

As Even replied (and Jeff suggested):
"...you should try to stick to one of the following combinations:

- With MapServer 7.4 or 7.6: GDAL 2.x + PROJ 5.x

- With MapServer >= 7.6: GDAL 3.x + PROJ >= 6.x"

** I am reporting/replying as a proxy for a customer who does the custom
compiles. They decided to stick with the default "apt" installs on clean
Ubuntu 20.4 (without Ubuntu-GIS PPA), that is: MapServer 7.4.3, Proj
6.3.1, GDAL 3.0.4. Solving it, by adding the full, explicit "init" proj
string of EPSG:28992 for each Layer in the MS mapfile.

Sorry that I could not be of more help. Think we all should be, at least
I am, grateful with the boost on Proj-development from (20 years?)
Proj.4 on! I am close to the Dutch OSGeo community, so will keep you
updated.

Best,

Just