[mapserver-users] QSTRING HELP

Carlos Neves (LREC) cneves at lrec.pt
Sat Dec 11 06:54:24 PST 2021

Hi list,

I need to query and highlite a map in a Mapserver layer using ITEMNQUERY

1st -  I have validate qstring for any character

         METADATA
             "wms_title" "counties"
             "qstring_validation_pattern" ".*"
         END
         VALIDATION
            "qstring" ".*"
         END

2nd - I'm not sure, but it seems in Mapserver Manual that  QITEM is an
option and you can use expressions like "qstring=county_name = New
York". I have no mapserver return error  but the query allways returns
empty.

3rd - With CGI qlayer=counties&qitem=county_name&qstring=New  it works,
but i need to use others items  and others search conditions like
substrings like "New Jersey" or "New York"

Any help would be appreciated

Carlos