[mapserver-users] QSTRING HELP

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:54:54 PST 2021

1) You didn’t say which version (hopefully latest, greatest) but you should
only need the entry in the validation block. Note an “anything” validation
is not recommended.
2) A qstring with no qitem is interpreted as a MapServer logical expression
I believe, and your example is not a valid expression. What exactly is
returned, I mean, what does empty mean? There might indicate a bug and a
expression parsing error is being suppressed some where.
3) A qitem+qstring is meant to cover a very simple use case. You’d need to
use a plain qstring or even better, WFS to do something more complex.