[mapserver-users] svg symbols, svg output, anchorpoints

Iljya Kalai iljya.kalai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:59:43 PST 2021

Hi,

I'm running into some fascinating behaviour with svg symbols and svg
output. I'm new to svg so this may very well be expected behaviour, but I
cannot figure out what is going on.

The symbols are not being anchored properly at the anchorpoint when the
output is SVG, but everything works as expected when the output is PNG.

A minimal example with all the necessary resources to reproduce this is
here:
https://gist.github.com/iljya/e67a2a245c6968e685c11498a8361fe0

It is possible that this is related to these issues, but I'm not sure:
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5593
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/4184

Thanks for your help, even if it is just a confirmation that others are
actively using the SVG renderer.

Kind regards,
Iljya

MapServer version 7.4.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS
SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS
SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=PBF INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE