[mapserver-users] Question about importing xml/json data from api

CHEN, LIRON (PGT) l.chen.18 at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Jan 1 15:35:20 PST 2021

Hi and happy New Year!

Im completely new to MapServer and not from a development background, but I hope its ok to ask for help here. Im a GIS postgraduate with some programming skill and Im trying to teach myself to set up a service that generates maps or layers when called on; but I want the service to generate them using the most recently published data from other web sources through their respective APIs. They mostly provide XML or JSON formatted spatial data.

Ill inevitably need to read up and practice a lot and thats fine. But can anyone point me towards the apps or functionalities that will eventually allow me to do this? Just because Im comfortable with C++ I had a look if I could import with libcurl and parse with that to something mapserver could use but I think thats taking a very long way round.. any help appreciated.

Kind regards,
Liron Chen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.