[mapserver-users] connect label to features

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Jun 25 06:28:30 PDT 2021

Hi Luca,

The implemented leader label logic does not turn on leader lines for
every point or feature.  (I believe this is what is causing the
confusion, as reported by you and Bob)   I personally could see a new
parameter in the LEADER object of "FORCE TRUE" being very useful, but
that would take a champion to file a new ticket
(https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/issues), create a small test
case (use yours, but also include the symbolset and fonts that your
mapfile references, so a developer can just execute shp2img
out-of-the-box), and then nudge/test/give feedback throughout the whole
development process.

Hope that explains more what is happening.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training