[mapserver-users] data parameter in tileindex

Lars Schylberg lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Wed Mar 24 13:22:24 PDT 2021

I also have this fascination about tile indexes.I have one example how
to use shp2tile and create faster setup if You have large data files. It
shows how to set up ogrtindex. I still use this script in some projects.
I guess I must have shared it on the users-list a couple of years ago,
since it is on my GIST:
https://gist.github.com/LarsSchy/644b37ab2b1e58b48808bfb2b57d0359
<https://gist.github.com/LarsSchy/644b37ab2b1e58b48808bfb2b57d0359>

The extra optimization to create an extra index on the main attribute
used for filtering (expressions) can also give some additional speed
improvements.

I also have my own twist on tileindexes for certain rasterdata sets.I
talked about that in my talk in Bucharest at FOSS4G 2019.In the second
part of the talk, I described how to do “tight tile indexes”.

The video is still available. And to Jeff, I know, I should try and get
this up on the Wiki sometime.

Have fun / Lars Schylberg

-----