[mapserver-users] FastCGI connection pool parameters

Tom Christian thomaschristian at gmail.com
Wed May 5 12:07:34 PDT 2021

The MapServer LAYER documentation
<https://mapserver.org/fr/mapfile/layer.html#index-20> says the following
on connection pooling in combination with FastCGI:

"Additionally, if you have FastCGI enabled, the connection handle will stay
open indefinitely, or according to the options specified in the FastCGI
<https://mapserver.org/fr/optimization/fastcgi.html#fastcgi> configuration"

I'm using MapServer with PostGIS and FastCGI, and I'm very interested in
learning more about this, however I cannot find any information about how
connection pooling should be configured in FastCGI.

Can anybody clarify here? How should connection pooling be controlled by
FastCGI config?

Thanks,
Tom