[mapserver-users] Getting started with WCS on mapserver...

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Oct 18 11:49:54 PDT 2021

Hi,

The wgs84-BoundingBox is an optional element in the CoverageSummary by the WCS 2.0.1 standard. There may be no way to configure Mapserver to add that information into GetCapabilities. You must read extents coverage by coverage with DescribeCoverage requests. But the boundedBy in that place is using the native CRS of the coverage like here:

<gml:boundedBy>
<gml:Envelope srsName="http://www.opengis.net/def/crs/EPSG/0/3067" axisLabels="x y" uomLabels="m m" srsDimension="2">
<gml:lowerCorner>212000 6762000</gml:lowerCorner>
<gml:upperCorner>218000 6768000</gml:upperCorner>
</gml:Envelope>
</gml:boundedBy>

The extent that appears in DescribeCoverage can be configured with the “wcs_extent” metadata if it does not get generated automatically right. Having wgs84-BoundingBox in CoverageSummary could be useful for WCS clients but even the GetCapabilities example in the WCS Core 2.0.1 standard does not contain it.

-Jukka Rahkonen-