[mapserver-users] WCS Tile index question

Carl Godkin cgodkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:16:40 PDT 2021

Hi again,

I am working with Mapserver trying to set up a WCS layer based on a large
collection of SRTM .hgt files.

Since I have many input files instead of a single file, I want to use a
tile index.  I know how to make and use a tile index for WMS, but there's a
twist for WCS that I don't understand.

According to this section of the docs:
 https://mapserver.org/optimization/tileindex.html?highlight=wcs_resolution#note-for-wcs-layers
<https://mapserver.org/optimization/tileindex.html?highlight=wcs_resolution#note-for-wcs-layers>

I need to set “wcs_extent”, “wcs_size”, and “wcs_resolution” but I don't
see where they are defined or documented.

Can you point me to documentation?  The WCS Use Cases page gives some hints
so I think I understand wcs_extent (though it's "ows_extent" in some
examples there so I guess these are interchangeable?)

How are the others defined?

Thank you for your help,
carl