[mapserver-users] WCS Tile index question

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Oct 19 17:37:07 PDT 2021

Hi,

Here is more accurate documentation but only in the text https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wcs_server.html

“The convention is that once (wcs|ows)_extent and one of (wcs|ows)_size and (wcs|ows)_resolution is set in the layer metadata, all the coverage specific metadata will be retrieved from there. Otherwise the source image is queried via GDAL, if possible.”

It seems that only wcs_extent is documented in the list of metadata elements but this is what they do:

  *   wcs_extent defines the bounding box or your coverage -> that will go into DescribeCoverage
  *   wcs_size is the size of the coverage as pixels -> pixel size can be computed by extent and size
  *   wcs_resolution tells the pixel size explicitly -> size of the coverage in pixels can be computed

We have in the LAYER-METADATA:
"wcs_resolution" "0.5 0.5"
"wcs_extent"          "19970 6597278 749676 7785300"

That should be enough and Describe Coverage will have correct limits, origin, and offset vectors in RectifiedGrid.

-Jukka Rahkonen-