[mapserver-users] creating a Mapcache that has the same tile schema as ArcGIS vector tiles

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Fri Oct 22 09:14:32 PDT 2021

Hello,

I would to create an ArcGIS Server cache that uses an equivalent schema as MapServer Mapcache.  I would like to know if anyone has a tips to make sure that the schema will work between the products.  I am specifically concerned about the tile origin.  So here is what I did:

*         I am using the same projection on both caches.

*         I set the pixel size in ArcGIS to use the same resolutions as MapCache.

*         I am using the same tile width and size.

*         I am using the same units.

*         Of particular concern ArcGIS wants to put the tile origin at -119278400, 141351400 by default while Mapcache uses 436450, 80000.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if I could make the tile cache more compatible between the two systems.  Let me know if you have any tips.

Thanks!