[mapserver-users] MapServer 7.4.3 - Poor projection from British National Grid (EPSG 27700) to WebMercator (EPSG 3857)

BenH mapserver at brainspeedjelly.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 01:34:40 PDT 2021

I have tried some tests of this.
A simple view, outputting the geometry with ST_Transform, is not
performant at all - the transform breaks the spatial index and it's a
large dataset.
I assume that would still be an issue with a materialized view.
So I think the only PostGIS option would be to create a full copy of the
geometry with its own index. I've tested this, so it is a fall back
option - but it's a lot of data duplication and the Mapserver transform
is really quick.
Thanks