[mapserver-users] Handling of NoData in WCS with MapServer

CASTRO, Emmanuel emmanuel.castro at capgemini.com
Thu Sep 9 01:50:13 PDT 2021

Hello

I have another question about MapServer capabilities. In my technical tests, I am trying to serve a GeoTiff Float32 with a declared NoData value (i.e. -3.4028234663852886e+38).
The GeoTiff file resulting from my WCS request transforms the NoData value to 0, which is problematic because 0 can be a real data.

Is there a way to handle this problem?

I think I can prepare the GeoTiff file by filling the NoData with a value that I control, and then declaring it in the WCS nilValues metadata ; however I would like to avoid preprocessing my input files with gdal_translate or gdal_fillnodata.

Thanks

Emmanuel