[mapserver-users] How to limit the width of the outline when the symbol size changes with the map scale?

lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se lars.schylberg at blixtmail.se
Sat Feb 26 09:59:41 PST 2022

Hi,

Just a quick example. Please look at the GIST I created.

https://gist.github.com/LarsSchy/610fc4cf3ed91ba0113b3c215481615b
Jukka is right two circle symbols on top of each other i possible the best solution. That is circle 3, 4 and 5.
In circle 2 I am drawing the outline first and then the middle. It is kind the same.
Circle 4 and 5 I am drawing the red outline with translucent color: COLOR "#FF000080"
Circle 5 is with a shadow with color "#80808080". That is grey with 50 % transparency.
The 80 is 128 in hex.

Run the example with: shp2img -m point_examples.map -o point_examples.png
My MapServer version this evening was: MapServer version 7.2.2

I guess that these should behave differently when You zoom.

Have fun / Lars Schylberg
26 februari 2022 kl. 15:19, "Rahkonen Jukka (MML)" <jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi (mailto:jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi?to=%22Rahkonen%20Jukka%20(MML)%22%20<jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi>)> skrev:
	Hi,

	Have you tried to use two filled circle symbols for making the outline effect, one below and the other one above? Or to use png image as a symbol?

	-Jukka Rahkonen-