[mapserver-users] Question on Feature Use

Lime, Steve D (MNIT) steve.lime at state.mn.us
Fri Jan 14 09:17:18 PST 2022

Hi all: This is in regard to https://mapserver.org/cgi/controls.html#changing-map-file-parameters-via-a-form-or-a-url – we’re seriously thinking about dropping this functionality as part of 8.0. It’s just not as relevant as in the past with improvements runtime substitutions and SLD. This will allow us to simplify the code related to mapfile processing a good bit and just make things easier to maintain in the long run. I am curious if and how folks are using this feature – just to identify high-value use cases that we might need to address.

--Steve