[mapserver-users] Mapserver 8, PHP 8 and Mapscript

Sven Schroeter schroeter at netgis.de
Thu Jul 21 02:54:29 PDT 2022

Hi,

I have a Problem compiling with Mapserver 8, PHP 8 and Mapscript on
Debian 11 Bullseye

I have downloaded Mapserver 8.0 beta and configured it as follows:

|cmake-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt \|

|-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/local:/opt \|

|-DWITH_CLIENT_WFS=ON \|

|-DWITH_CLIENT_WMS=ON \|

|-DWITH_WCS=ON \|

|-DWITH_THREAD_SAFETY=ON \|

|-DWITH_PHP=ON \|

|-DWITH_KML=ON \|

|-DWITH_GEOS=ON \|

|-DWITH_GDAL=ON \|

|-DWITH_OGR=ON \|

|-DWITH_PROJ=ON \|

|-DWITH_CAIRO=ON \|

|-DWITH_POSTGIS=ON \|

|-DWITH_CURL=ON \|

|-DWITH_SOS=ON \|

|-DWITH_XMLMAPFILE=0 \|

|-DWITH_FCGI=ON \|

|-DWITH_LIBXML2=ON \|

|-DWITH_GIF=ON \|

|-DWITH_FRIBIDI=0 \|

|-DWITH_HARFBUZZ=0 \|

|-DWITH_PROTOBUFC=0 \|

|-DWITH_PYTHON=OFF \|

|-DWITH_SVGCAIRO=OFF \|

|..|

  When I use Mapserver 7.6.4 in the same setup, the following lines appear:

-- /usr/include/php/20200930/main

-- Found PHP-Version 8.0.21 (using /usr/bin/php-config)

In Mapserver 8 these are missing and accordingly the output in
mapscripts is:

--* Mapscripts

--* Python: disabled

--* PHPNG: disabled

That means PHP is not activated. In comparison the output with Mapserver
7.6.4:

--* Mapscripts

--* Python: disabled

--* PHP: ENABLED

--* PHPNG: disabled

It is the same server with the same installation components.
Accordingly, in a make and make under Version 8 install PHP Mapscript is
not installed.

php - v generates the following

Unable to load dynamic library 'php_mapscript.so' (tried:
/usr/lib/php/20200930/php_mapscript.so
(/usr/lib/php/20200930/php_mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20200930/php_mapscript.so.so
(/usr/lib/php/20200930/php_mapscript.so.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Note: PHP is installed with FPM module (php8.0-fpm) and instead of
mpm_prefork mpm_event is used.

Any idea?

Thanks Sven