[MapServer-users] "Emergency" map server on Raspberry Pi - raster/PNG source in folder structure

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Oct 12 07:35:39 PDT 2022

Hi Stefan,

This might help you get started:

https://github.com/klassenjs/rpi-workshop/blob/master/Workshop.org

We've got 7 of these used in the filed now as standalone Webservers, with Wifi access.  No internet required.  You just turn it on.  You can add in a Battery and/or connect directly  to a 12v power source like the ignition switch for power from a vehicle, and it's always on.

Real low power and depending on how big a card you use, a lot of data.  Our survey version has over 250k geolocated document scans available.

This is a map based system, but it a whole Server Stack configuration, so should give you a good head start.

We ran this as a workshop at a OSGeo conference a few years back.

Bobb

My machine - - - PW19-S295-C024