[MapServer-users] "Emergency" map server on Raspberry Pi - raster/PNG source in folder structure

Stefan Gofferje lists at home.gofferje.net
Wed Oct 12 08:53:27 PDT 2022

Hi,

On 10/12/22 17:35, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> This might help you get started:
>
> https://github.com/klassenjs/rpi-workshop/blob/master/Workshop.org
>
> We've got 7 of these used in the filed now as standalone Webservers, with Wifi access.  No internet required.  You just turn it on.  You can add in a Battery and/or connect directly  to a 12v power source like the ignition switch for power from a vehicle, and it's always on.
>
> Real low power and depending on how big a card you use, a lot of data.  Our survey version has over 250k geolocated document scans available.
>
> This is a map based system, but it a whole Server Stack configuration, so should give you a good head start.
>
> We ran this as a workshop at a OSGeo conference a few years back.

Cool! Not very much detail about mapserver, though. I'm planning to
throw my stuff to Github too, once I got a little further. I'm a little
bit more on the complicated side with 4G/5G and potential other IP over
radio being in the mix. Also looking at batman-adv for meshing and
testing some ideas for voice/radio over IP. I found a very nice CM4
baseboard which is tiny and still  has space for an 42mm NVME SSD, so
atm I'm planning for 256G storage in addition to the EMMC.

-S

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP, CCSA
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263