[MapServer-users] Ask for advice on Caching large layers on high zoom level

Scott public at postholer.com
Fri Sep 2 07:14:43 PDT 2022

COG files imply that they are already tiled. I'd be curious as to the
performance of map rendering using just the COG files without creating
tiles.

Being the 'size of Poland' doesn't really matter. It's the pixel
resolution that is important. If the pixel resolution is 100 meters vs 3
meters you will have different performance results.

Seeding will always be bound by CPU, memory, etc. Creating an image
(ami) of your system in AWS, then running multiple EC2's instance can be
insanely fast.