[MapServer-users] circle with same real world size (sizeunits meters) for all zoom levels

Sarah Huber sarah.huber at geoplanteam.ch
Mon Sep 5 04:44:07 PDT 2022

Hallo,
I configured a point layer with "circle" symbol and sizeunits meters. The circles should have the same size in real world units (meter) for all zoom levels, for example 100 m.
This works for most zoom levels, but when I zoom in closely the circles get smaller (< 100 m).
I don't have configured any maxsize or minsize for the layer.
How can I configure the layer to have the same size in meters for all zoom levels? Like it behaves with polygons?

My layer definition in the mapfile: https://pastebin.com/JVWBvScP

Example screenshots of the layer (as WMS in QGIS):
Circle with correct size (100 m), same as square: https://pasteboard.co/VWmur23PHiir.jpg
Circle smaller than 100 m (and smaller than square): https://pasteboard.co/SFJZMJgp4j8k.jpg

Thanks
Sarah