[MapServer-users] Swig Mapscript Still Fails to Build with PHP 8

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 10:31:17 PDT 2022

Hi,

The CI setup for MapServer doesn't test Homebrew/Mac, so that could be one possible issue.

MapServer 8 and PHP 8 however is tested on Linux - see https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/main/.travis.yml and the most recent log for PHP 8 - https://app.travis-ci.com/github/MapServer/MapServer/jobs/583600218
Lots of the install logic run on Travis is contained in https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/main/ci/travis/before_install.sh
Check for differences with your own logs to see what might be causing the errors.
Good luck!

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net