[MapServer-users] What is the optimal value of requests per second for Mapserver?

Scott public at postholer.com
Thu Apr 20 07:16:30 PDT 2023

Depending on what you're doing, any bulk requests should be to a
pre-seeded MapCache and not the WMS server per se. In a production
environment a modestly detailed raster, it's easy to kill a WMS server
of any size.

You're going to have to test a range of requests to get a usable setup.
You may even consider limiting the size of bounding box requests.