[MapServer-users] Shapefile of Points

gorouter gorouter at protonmail.com
Thu Dec 21 05:03:45 PST 2023

Hello.

Here asking for a little help.

1. I need to display a point geometry shapefile in mapserver.

Could someone show an example of how to create a point symbol to use on a layer.

I can't succeed with the examples in the mapserver help.

2. I intend to create 32 point symbols by varying the color, then based on these, create quantiles to assign a symbol according to a value from the performance column that is in the shapefile.

I have a suspicion that I should use mapscript to assign the symbols to each data range from php, for example, if the range is between 0-1.99, strong red symbol, 2.00-3.99 light red symbol...
I'm doing this in qgis, and each shapefile has a different set of data in range, this makes me think that I should calculate the quantiles from the shapefile data and then assign the color symbols using php and mapscript to create the .map file