[MapServer-users] Problems using masking and time dimension part 2

Marcin Niemyjski mniemyjski at cloudferro.com
Fri Jul 14 05:55:03 PDT 2023

Hi,

I have an idea, but I don't know how to implement it:

https://marc.info/?l=mapserver-users&m=168838940628381&w=2

In my previous email, I asked about the possibility of combining WMS with a time dimension with masking. I would like the mask of a particular day not to cut out the data in rasters from other days, but unfortunately it is cutting them out, and I have something like this:

https://pastecode.io/s/vwfwdtqe

I came up with the idea of creating a VRT in which the RGB raster would be marked and the indicated raster with the cloud mask as an alpha channel, but I would like to keep all of this only as paths or attributes in PostGIS.

And here is my question, whether I could somehow (so that I don't have to create a file, I know that it is possible to define VRT in the mapfile) store the content of VRT (with the defined alpha channel) in tileindex in POstgis?

I also have a request to send other ideas on how to use masking in WMS-Time.

Thank you for your ideas.

Best regards,

Marcin