[MapServer-users] Some remote SVG files doesn't in 8.1

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 00:52:48 PDT 2023

Adding a width and height to the SVG also works, without having to remove the viewBox:

<svg id="grafik" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="10pt" height="10pt" viewBox="0 0 396.85 396.85">

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023, at 11:54 PM, Seth G wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> The issue seems to be related to the viewBox property in the SVG file.
> If you save the SVG source from view-source:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NordjyllandsTrafikselskab/gisimages/ca64d7a849c7cf0290ec41ec263a97b9195d0ff8/01.01.01.Bus.svg and remove the following text in a text editor the symbols display correctly:
>
> viewBox="0 0 396.85 396.85"
>
> Maybe it could be an upstream issue, or something has changed upstream that breaks symbol size calculations.
>
> Seth
>

> --
> web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
> twitter: @geographika
>
> On Tue, Jul 18, 2023, at 1:59 AM, Steve Lime wrote:
>> There seems to be a regression with svg- I have another sample file that doesn’t render correctly (or at all). Just need to find a little time to resolve it.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 12:10 PM Martin Høgh <mh at mapcentia.com> wrote:
>>> I've a MapFile with a point layer using a class style with a SVG symbol:
>>>
>>> CLASS
>>>      NAME 'point'
>>>      STYLE
>>>          SYMBOL
>>> 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/NordjyllandsTrafikselskab/gisimages/ca64d7a849c7cf0290ec41ec263a97b9195d0ff8/01.01.01.Bus.svg'
>>>      END
>>> END
>>>
>>> In 7.6 this works fine, but in 8.1 the SVG symbol is not showing (no
>>> errors but the image is blank). But if change the SVG file to e.g.:
>>>
>>> https://dev.w3.org/SVG/tools/svgweb/samples/svg-files/AJ_Digital_Camera.svg
>>>
>>> it works. So I guess it's something with the SVG file?
>>>
>>> MapServer version 8.0.1 PROJ version 7.2 GDAL version 3.4 OUTPUT=PNG
>>> OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
>>> SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV
>>> SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
>>> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
>>> SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=OGCAPI_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
>>> SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=PBF INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL