[MapServer-users] Custom metadata key and value pairs

Sander Pukk sander.pukk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 01:56:36 PDT 2023

Hi

Is it possible to use custom key and value pairs in layer metadata that are
accessible from metadata API ? Because whichever way I have tried, I can
not seem to get it working.
Dont see anything in getcapabilites nor metadata api for the layer. I see
keywords, but would like to have key and value.

https://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html
Here it says: This keyword allows for arbitrary data to be stored as name
value pairs.
But how?

Example layer:

LAYER
    TEMPLATE "dummy"
    NAME "arp"
    GROUP lennuinfo
    STATUS off
    TYPE point
    CONNECTIONTYPE  POSTGIS
    INCLUDE "/app/secrets/postgis.inc"
    DATA "geom from lennuv2ljad using unique id using srid=3301"

PROJECTION
"init=epsg:3301"
 END

METADATA
"wfs_srs"               "EPSG:3301"
"gml_msGeometry_type" "point"
"ows_extent"    "40500 5993000 1064500 7017000"
"ows_title"    "Lennuväljad"
"ows_abstract"    "Lennuinfo"
"ows_keywordlist"    "Lennuinfo"
"ows_include_items"     "all"