[MapServer-users] msLoadConfig error on Ubuntu 23.04

Frank Sokolic sokolic at worldonline.co.za
Wed May 17 03:39:53 PDT 2023

Hi MapServer users,

I'm having problems getting MapServer 8 to read the conf file on my
Ubuntu 23.04 Lunar Lobster machine. I installed MapServer using the
command "sudu apt install cgi-mapserver" and this installs
8.0.0-3build2. However, when I test the installation I get an error:

"msLoadConfig(): Unable to access file. See
mapserver.org/config_file.html for more information."

I have created a conf file that looks like this:
CONFIG
   MAPS
     ECSRP_MAPFILE "/var/www/ecsrp/mapfiles/ecsrp.map"
   END
END

I have created a system-wide environment variable pointing to the conf file:
MAPSERVER_CONFIG_FILE=/usr/local/etc/mapserver.conf

I have granted read access to Owner/Group/Others on both mapserver.conf
and ecsrp.map but still get the msLoadConfig() error.

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

Regards, Frank.