[MapServer-users] Cluster with Oracle Spatial data

Holger Schiebold hschiebold at codematix.de
Thu Oct 12 06:31:15 PDT 2023

Hi Ivan,

sounds strange. How many features are in your datasource to be
clustered? Do you see any load on your mapserver machine when you make a
request?

Maybe that's a special case with your oracle data. Would you show as
your mapfile - or the relevant parts?

The cluster option was developed by Tamas Szekeres in 2011 espacially
for the service i noticed in my last answer. We were involved in the
testing and maintained the service for a few years and had no special
problem with oracle data and the cluster option. But it's a long time
ago and maybe in newer version there is a problem.  Generally i agree
with Jeff - this should work with every datasource.

Regards Holger

Am 12.10.2023 um 09:02 schrieb Yankov, Ivan via MapServer-users:
> Hi Holger,
>
> thanks for your feedback. All my services use the Oracle Spatial database, so there is no problem with the general connection to the database.
> Its just that the cluster option doesn’t work for me when I use Oracle as datasource.
>
> The shape-layer that I described was only for test purposes because I wanted to see if I can get the cluster feature working at all.
> There seemed to be no issues with a shape source. The problem occurs only when I use my default datasource, which in my case is Oracle Spatial.
>
> Regards
> Ivan

mit freundlichen Grüßen

--