[MapServer-users] Mosaicking large number of rasters

Aleš Grlj alesinar.grlj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:57:38 PST 2024

I have all my rasters in one table, I would like to serve them through WMS.

I Generate the mapfile with mapscript and query the rasters with:

ms_layer.data = f"PG:host='{HOST}' user='{USER}' password='{PASS}' " \
                f"dbname='{DB}' schema='{some_schema}' table='{some_table}' " \
                f"column='rast' mode=2 where='field_id IN
({field_ids}) AND rast IS NOT NULL"

This works well for a short list of field_ids (up to 6 places integer) but
with a long list (could be up to 10000 elements) it won't because of the
"path too long error". I assume the DATA instruction is treated as a path
and os determines its max length, preventing the query from executing and
the "mosaicked" raster to draw. Correct me if I'm wrong.

How would I approach this?

Aleš