[MapServer-users] option to use sld in mapfile to configure layer styling

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 07:35:32 PST 2024

Hi Paul,

I think all the code functions are in place to do the bulk of this work, and this would be a nice addition to MapServer. Sharing SLD between applications is a huge benefit. If it is possible to apply SLD from a URL it should also be possible to apply SLD from disk.

I wouldn't be a huge fan of embedding SLD directly in a Mapfile (although the CONNECTION parameter can accept large chunks of OGRVRTDataSource XML as long as quotes are escaped).

Seth

--
web:https://geographika.net & https://mapserverstudio.net
twitter: @geographika