[MapServer-users] If clustering is used, the capabilities are not completely created

Schaminée, drs. L.C.W. (Luuk) l.schaminee at dictu.nl
Tue Jun 4 02:27:48 PDT 2024

SOLVED

I got this response from Seth G.
What does your GetCapabilities request look like (version etc.)?
What error do you get?
Does the LAYER have an EXTENT set on it? Maybe there is an issue with trying to calculate this dynamically - if there isn't an extent you could try adding one.

And it worked. After adding the EXTENT to the LAYER I was able to get the capabilities, regardless of the line REGION "ellipse" being commented out or not.
I created an issue for this on GitHub. It looks like it is an Oracle issue. We use Oracle as the database where the data is stored. Using a GeoJSON file I could get the capabilities regardless of the line being commented out or not.

Original question:
Hi List,

Does anybody recognize this problem?

We use clustering in a layer in our WMS. This works fine. But if we ask for the capabilities we get an error and only part of the capabilities..
We uise the following lines in our mapfile in the LAYER section:
    CLUSTER
      MAXDISTANCE 15
      BUFFER 10
      REGION "ellipse" # This line is responsible for not being able to get the capabilities
    END

If we comment out the line REGION "ellipse" we can get the complete capabilities.

Hopefully somebody knows this problem and also knows a/the solution.

Thanks for any help.
Luuk
Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u
niet de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is gezonden,
wordt u verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te
verwijderen.
De Staat aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard
ook, die verband houdt met risico's verbonden aan het elektronisch
verzenden van berichten.

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you
are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you
are requested to inform the sender and delete the message.
The State accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the
risks inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.