[VisCom] Presentation material

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Apr 1 23:14:03 EST 2006

Hi Arnulf,

I have a lot of historical slides/info on open source geospatial (as I'm
sure many of us here do) that I'd be happy to contribute towards forming
some standard slides on OSGeo.

As I think I mentioned on IRC -- I have had a number of requests to
speak to groups about the new Foundation so I'm certain that I will be
diving into this quickly.

Re. Venka's suggestion about a brochure -- this too is important, as I
believe we will find that the best form of outreach will be through the
organizations and companies who participate in and use open source
technologies. As soon as a solid brochure is available -- these can be
distributed (or printed for that matter) by these organizations in
advance of conference exhibitions, etc.. for distribution at their
booths, presentations, and so on.

I'm on the road this week (west coast for Location intelligence) -- but
I can try to skype in for a meeting - no promises on availability
though. The following week will definitely work though.

I'll try to capture some of my thoughts/ideas in the Wiki for various PR
activities that I think should be priority when I have a few minutes
over the next week.

Dave