LinuxTag 2006 final preparation

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Thu Apr 13 09:37:08 EDT 2006

Hi,
the preparations for the LinuxTag 2006 event with OSGeo booth are almost
completed. We have staffed the booth for full time operation, see the
table in the Wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/LinuxTag_2006#Staff_Plan

If anybody is interested to join in, hack the Wiki and send me a short
notice just to make sure.

The City of Wiesbaden is around the corner of Airport Frankfurt, if you
are lingering around there drop by and have a coffee with us.

More to do:

We are still missing large posters and small flyers featuring all
projects. We have posters and flyers for Mapbender and MapServer only.

It would be nice to have it for all OSGeo projects. If VisCom or the
projects themselves would be able to bring something up that would be
really very helpful as we are sort of crowded with the other paraphernalia.

This also applies to Friends of the Foundation Projects like PostGIS. We
managed to locate the booth just across from PostgreSQL and cross post
people to each other. Paul, got something beautiful to print out and
give to people?

It would be really great if VsiCom would manage to create a short flyer
within the next two weeks with a short description of what we are and
where we want to go. We don't have a logo yet but so what. If this
doesn't work I will take Franks newsletter plus my German translation,
just to have something.

We would really love to have a large banner flying on top of the booth
but that will probably not be possible with this short notice. Anybody
think different? Anybody got something... :-)

Thanx a lot for all the help so far, especially to Athina and Torsten!

Best regards,
Arnulf.