[VisCom] Re: Geoscience World Congress 2008 - 33rd IGC with deadline soon

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Tue Aug 22 12:19:18 EDT 2006

<rant (not directed at Markus)>
Am I missing something -- a *TWO YEAR* lead time for planning a session?

If someone wants to take the lead on this -- like Markus -- and propose
an open source session, I'm sure that OSGeo would be willing in general
to take it up: but who knows what OSGeo will be like in two years?  And
realistically I don't see any action being taken until sometime late
next year or so.  We have enough possible events to worry about in the
coming months.
</rant>

-mpg