[OSGeo-Board] Spending Approvals, Money, etc

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Wed Aug 23 16:30:18 EDT 2006

On Wed, August 23, 2006 20:16, Gary Lang wrote:
> And in case I wasn't clear, OSGeo is not comprised of children. So let's
> not use child rearing techniques to manage the business of OSGeo.

:-)

In near future VisCom needs:
$500 for shirts to go to Asia (last mail by Venka, prob. all giveaways,
I'd suggest to have Venka make good use of any leftovers)
$500 for shirts at the FOSS4G (maybe people will pay / cash? i'll be
sitting in the booth and can collect it..:-) Real(!) cool would be to have
one shirt  for every conference registrant. But thats more than $500,-.
I'd be prepared to suggest this to VisCom as a good investment but I do
not because from all that I know OSGeo does not have any money to do this.
Thoughts?
$100 for shirts at EuroOSCON (booth staff, if OSGeo doesn't get it done I
will)

Booth equipment, infrastructure at both EU events are taken care of by
Tina Mena, Autodesk. Thanks a lot. Autodesk will be displayed on the
booth, so attribution is in place. There will be no additional expenses
(afaik) to OSGeo VisCom by operating the booth.

Its basically what Markus is asking: How much money is there on the OSGeo
account? From what I can see nothing, so OSGeo can also spend nothing.
Hence Franks 6k suggestions (cool, thanks for the initiative). And as it
is we (All of OSGeo) are indebted a lot to Autodesk.

> Certainly children need to experience the physical sensation of holding
> money in their hands to understand its worth.

So yes sometimes it does fell a little like OSGeo "...needs to experience
the physical sensation of holding money..." in a bank account. :-) Ideally
we get sponsoring going real soon and have some money of "our own".

Regards, Arnulf.

--
Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de