[VisCom] Check these out..!

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Mon Dec 11 21:52:50 EST 2006

So it turns out that there's an issue with the ads and datasheets -- my
fault!

The contract calls for him to do "2 actual datasheets and 1 final ad".
I missed this completely -- I had just assumed he would give us just
templates for us to play with.  He and I talked last week about this,
and he's willing to do a template, but warns us that this means one of
us will have to be handy with Adobe InDesign or Illustrator or whatever
he uses...  He suggests instead we have him do the versions for each new
product as it comes out, noting that you really don't want to be
continually tweaking the adverts every time you do a show, just with
every major release or something (obviously this approach makes him more
money, but still...)  I didn't ask for how much it'd cost.

I'd prefer to do both approaches (get the template for our own safety,
but just squirrel it away somewhere and use him a few times a year) --
but clearly that costs us money.

[Which leads us back to the budget discussion, which leads us to...
Arghhhhh.....]

-mpg