[VisCom] Re: [Fwd: Map World Forum]

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Wed Jul 12 21:06:01 EDT 2006

Dear VisCom,

600-700 participants are expected at
MapAsia 2006 (29 Aug-1 Sept). Heard that Autodesk
will be present. Need to decide if OSGeo wants to
have a booth at reduced rate. Organizer has offered
50% discount for OSGeo. Some Thai volunteers can
be contacted who can support and man the booth.
Can talk to OSGeo supporters in Thai to organize some
volunteers if necessary. I will not be able to
attend Map Asia 2006.

If OSGeo does not plan a booth at MapAsia 2006 but
would like to put up posters and distribute brochure,
we would need to make sure that material reaches
the organizers a few days before the conference.
The organizer has offered to put up some posters and
distribute the brochure for free. I think it is better
to have the brochures printed somewhere and delivered
to the conference organizers. Perhaps arrange to get it printed
in Thailand is better.

Map Asia URL: http://www.mapasia.org

Map World Forum (22-25 Jan 2007) will also have 700-800
participants. The Organizers has requested OSGeo to
organize a workshop at Map World Forum. I plan to attend
Map World Forum and maybe could organize some local
OSGeo supporters for volunteer work. If some others from
OSGeo plan to be present at Map World Forum, may be we could
plan for a workshop etc.
Map World Forum URL: http://www.mapworldforum.org/

Kind regards

Venka