[OSGeo-Board] Re: [Web Comm] Focus

Gary Lang gary.lang at autodesk.com
Fri Jun 30 15:23:06 EDT 2006

Glad to see we're getting our money's worth with this static tag
business.

While I agree that OSGeo is here to promote projects and not subjugate
them, I also think that projects are here to band together to support
other OS geospatial projects. OSGeo is not supposed to be a one-way
street, but rather a collaboration between us all.

So not having any presence on the main site is not a good approach, in
my mind. An info page seems good enough, though not as indicative of
strength in numbers as being on the same system would be. But given the
state of the world, the info page is good enough and should be required.

Gary