Press Release to be published on March 6

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 16:15:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have updated the press release again and want to publish it on
Monday: http://www.fossgis.de/osgeo/index.php/Proposed_Press_Release

TODO:
- please take a final look
- WebCom: please put the English version onto the server. Translations
                 must be verified first for latest updates, then moved
- Gary: since the Promotion and Visibility Committee isn't yet fully
established,
           I would like to ask you to get it through the Autodesk channels by
           6th March
- DanielB, please prepare for possible slashdotting (personally, I don't
           expect that with this release)
- myself: I'll post it on Monday, 6th to all addresses I know (see below)

Lessions learned
- the next press release must go much faster
- Promotion and Visibility Committee should take care and establish
  the procedure

Cheers

 Markus

List of receipients for the press release addressed by Markus: