OSGeo appearance @ Where 2.0

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon May 8 19:33:28 EDT 2006

Hi,
we just came up with an idea for the presentation at Where 2.0. We have a
story to tell and we can stage this a little. This is just at the stage of
an idea.

The presentation has to be done by at least two people, more is fine (how
large a crowd could we muster at Where 2.0?). One of them has to be Gary
(are you with us?).

It would start with Gary at one edge of the room and an OS hacker, nerd -
well us - coming from the other. Then they would start to discuss about
Open Source. Gary will look like always and wear a suite and tie and
everything and the other guy maybe could wear a wig with long hairs and a
slightly rugged coat. Beard? Maybe. Beer? Why not. As they talk they draw
nearer and discuss Open Source methodology and what spatial nerds talk
about (basically tracing out the history of the OSGeo from GRASS' roots
till today and where 2.0 we want it to go). During the talk Gary would
loosen his tie and take it off, same with the jacket. The bearded wizard
of OZ would take off the coat and the wig and the beard. Then Gary has to
take off his shirt (oh, ah) - but wait - there is an OSGeo T-shirt
underneath it, the same that the OS wizard wears. At the end Gary might
give away his sunglasses and the nerd passes hie beer on, etc.

Would be fun. Oh yes, the end is that we present some results from the
FunCom meeting.

We would need to have the t-shirts ready by then, together with a ral cool
 motto - in the end we could even sell some of them.

Cheers.

--
Arnulf Christl
http://www.ccgis.de