[Fwd: EU Infrastructure Report]

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Tue May 9 08:26:16 EDT 2006

Hello,
I have been contacted by GDS who specialize in putting together reports
that are distributed to a large number of addresses. Their main asset
being that these addresses are highly focused and reach a well defined
set of people at the management and decision makers level. The current
topic regards spatial data infrastructures and interoperability within
EU plus selected countries further to the east.

We (as company CCGIS) have done this kind of promotion with GDS before
and the direct result was zero. Still, I wanted to let you know about it.

If any of you considers this to be an important enough channel to make
us spend €13,750 (which corresponds to Premium Sponsorship) or any other
level please feel free to go to their web site and check out the
details. I have received an additional PDF document that I can send you
offlist.

Additionally you will have to contact FunCom. I am pretty sure that with
some heavy dickering and the very good references that we have we will
be able to reduce the cost considerably but I will not be able to do it
myself. Too much else already.

In my personal opinion we should not take any action and defer this kind
of thing for later. Please answer by the weeekend so that I can give GDS
a reply on Monday.

Would this be something that we could vote for? The easiest would be
that someone votes with a -1 and we forget it.

Thanxalot,
Arnulf.