[VisCom] Project presenters at Where 2.0

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Tue May 16 18:16:17 EDT 2006

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:18, Chris Holmes wrote:
>
>>Hey, we also need to figure out who is going to do what lightning talks
>>for Where 2.0.  I think we have 2-3 slots open, that we should get back
>>to Nat on.  How should we go about deciding who gets to speak?  It may
>>just line up fine, with the right number of people going who could
>>appropriately present on projects.  But what do we do if more people
>>want to speak?  How do we go about figuring out who should speak?
>

> I would contact each of the project committee chairs and ask if:
> 1) they are planning to make it to the conference
> 2) if they would like to present about their topic
>
> Then go from there.
Ok, I'll send an email soon.

> Semi-related... we need to iron out the conference pass issue.  If they speak,
> i.e. in a lightning talk, will O'Reilly provide free passes?  It sounded like
> Nat could make that happen.
I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't get free passes for talking.  I
feel like that's par for the course if you talk at a conference?

>  Otherwise, we need to know from Autodesk how
> many passes we could make available for these purposes (assuming some of them
> will actually be used by Autodesk).  Then we could provide the rest for those
> who could come and help man the booth, BOF, etc.
We also can just try to talk Nat in to giving passes to people who
contribute, to give a few extra to the OSGeo community, as we're the
people that attendees at these kinds of things are psyched to meet ;)

Chris