[VisCom] OSGeo Flyer for Where 2.0 - review by Friday noon PST

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Fri May 19 14:04:12 EDT 2006

I'm liking it a lot.

Not sure if you can do it better, but the way [2] is structured makes me
see it as less than the real grassroots organization that it is.  Just
by the use of the term 'we provide', like the foundation is one thing,
and it's providing support to the OS geospatial community, which is not
necessarily the same as the OSGeo foundation.  Like it sounds like an
assistance organization, doesn't reflect that the OSGeo foundation is
more or less the best and brightest of the os geospatial community.  So
taken that way, it sounds a bit odd that we're providing support to
ourselves...

Could do something like 'we gather financial... support'.  Or 'the OSGeo
foundation acts as a central organizing point for financial, technical
and legal support'....

Chris