[VisCom] OSGeo Flyer for Where 2.0 - review by Friday noon PST

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Fri May 19 14:16:41 EDT 2006

I think we're okay the the trademark issue (it is used by ~two others, a
bank and a bus line), and boy do I not want to open up the tagline issue
right now... But, here is a suggestion from the motto page that would
fit with the theme of the overall message (5b), plus Jason's suggestion
(5c) and some variants thereof (5d,5e).

  [5a] Join us at www.osgeo.org.  Together, we're going places.

  [5b] Join us at www.osgeo.org.  Because how you get there is as
       important as where you're going.

  [5c] Join us at www.osgeo.org.  Together, opening our world.

  [5d] Join us at www.osgeo.org.  Together, we'll open our world.

  [5e] Together, we can open our world.  Join us at www.osgeo.org.

Here's a change to [2], per Chris's comments:

  [2a] As the leading promoter of such technologies, we provide
       financial, organizational and legal support to the open
       source geospatial community.

  [2b] We're a community that provides financial, organizational,
       and legal support to the open source geospatial community.

Unfortunately, I've got to leave the office now for a bit, so this will
be my last message.

Personally, I'd vote for [1], [3], and [4] from below, and [2b] and [5d]
from above...

-mpg