Michael P. Gerlek
mpg at lizardtech.com
Mon May 22 15:31:50 EDT 2006
Did Tyler just call my bluff..? Hmmm. If I had a mandate to do so, I
would hypothetically make some points something like the following:
* All the OSGeo folk attending Where 2.0 will want one.
* Short time line, so let's make the aesthetics issue easy --
I suggest we all look like Peter's ad: solid black shirt,
subtle green logo on pocket in "OSGeo green". Solid black
might be hard, though, so we might need a 2nd choice dark
* We want "nice" shirts (like a "polo" or something, not your
basic T-shirts). Out in-house shirt-person uses a local company
that doesn't have a website (grrr...), so I'd be looking at
something like good old Lands' End:
or specifically this
At Lands End there is some flexibility of allowing people to
choose different styles, as per this link:
* We will ask the Board to pay, but I will get per-each costs in
case they don't come through and we choose to pay for our own.
* If we do wind up paying for these "privately", me and my buddy
Guido here will take on the financial risk.
* The "logo setup" cost is the hard part (~$100 range).
* If this is a funded marketing activity, might we want to get
some extras as give-aways to VIPs we want to impress?
Comments? I would need someone with Fashion Sense to choose the color
and appropriate style(s) of shirts.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tyler Mitchell [mailto:tylermitchell at shaw.ca]
> Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:24 PM
> To: dev at visibilitycommittee.osgeo.org
> Subject: [VisCom] T-shirts
> I'd gladly buy one to wear too. I don't think there would be
> much risk in just getting some done at a reasonable price.
> That is, if someone doesn't mind risk managing it ;) If you
> get an idea of cost, let us know Michael.
More information about the Marketing