[Viscom-dev] Journalists at FOSS4G 2007

Geoff Zeiss geoff.zeiss at autodesk.com
Sat Feb 3 07:49:43 EST 2007

Another suggestion to raise visibility is to invite recognizable speakers to give a keynote or to host a panel about an interesting or controversial topic

Ex,

Dave Sonnen, IDC, A panel discussion on "Open Data and Data Quality"
- could include speakers from the US Census, Stats Can, NRCan, BC Min of the Environ, City of Van
- Dave is located in Wash State

Michael Jones: CTO, Google Earth "Google and Open Source"

Speaker from Can Govt (Geoconnections) on "Open Source and Govt Policy"

Etc.

These things can help attract the press because they are good stories.

Geoff

www.geospatial.blogs.com